Practicing Evidence-Based Medicine in Managing STIs
October 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmPT Live Webinar
In this presentation we will address the public health concern of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and how Universal Screening can improve patient care through established screening guidelines. Symptomatic STI testing and management for Trichomoniasis will be discussed as well as testing and treatment recommendations for Mycoplasma genitalium.
Susan Brill Goldberg, MD, FAAP
Dr. Susan Brill Goldberg is Chief of Adolescent Medicine at The Children’s Hospital at Saint Peter’s University Hospital and Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
• Medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in New York, NY
• Internship and residency in pediatrics at North Shore University in Manhasset, NY
• Board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, specializing in adolescent medicine
• Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
Derek Joyce, PhD
Dr. Derek Joyce is a Medical Science Liaison with Hologic and has a research background in Molecular Biology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology from University of California Berkeley
• PhD from University of California San Diego, performing his graduate research at the Salk Institute